Chair Stone, Senators Brennan, Conroy, Davidson, Hazlewood, Hindson, Homeyer, James, McCall, McKinney, Montodon, Rao, Shah, Sorensen, Winek
Meeting called to order at 4:00.
Provost Moore indicated that the Faculty Senate would not move from its present location on the 8-th floor of JCK.
1. Committee on Committees: replace Catherine Hawkins, Social Work with Linda Homeyer, Educ Admin & Psych Ser.
2. Orientation & Planning: suggested Max Warshauer, Mathematics.
3. Curriculum Committee: replace Karol Blaylock, Fam & Consum Sci with Tina Cade, Ag. The Senate agreed to continue Dan Lochman, English in his faculty committee status and will appoint a co-chair of the CC in the spring to ease the transition to a new chair to this important committee.
4. Faculty Senate: Caroline McCall, Curr & Instr was named as a temporary replacement to Marguerite Gillis, Curr & Instr.
5. Equity & Access: replace Sue Biedermann, HIM with Sue Biedermann, HIM.
Committee on Committee Recommendations:
Caroline McCall brought a draft of the Comm on Comm recommendation for faculty committee appointments. After some discussion, it was agreed that a revised draft will be presented at the next Senate meeting.
Senate Constitutional Amendment:
The Senate again discussed the ballot to amend the Constitution of the Faculty. The balloting appears to have proceeded with problems. The results will be tallied for the next meetng.
Administrators and Chairs Evaluations:
A draft of the evaluations of administrators and chairs was circulated. Senators were advised to check for potential errors and typos. It will be discussed for possible posting at the next meeting.
Research Enhancement Proposals:
Some changes are being considered in the conditions that must be met in order to get a research enhancement grant. The Provost is suggesting that he will add funds ($35,000) if the guidelines for proposals be rewritten with the stipulation that recipient must apply for external funding in order to be considered for future grants in the program. The issue will be discussed at the next meeting.
Curators/Librarians Committee Service RTA:
The discussion of curators/librarians committee service was again tabled to be considered at the next meeting.