Anyone wishing to be considered for one of the graduate programs must apply online at ApplyTexas.org.
- a baccalaureate degree in Physics or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited University.
- adequate preparation for graduate study of physics as witnessed by an academic transcript of upper division undergraduate courses in modern physics, mathematical physics or equivalent, classical mechanics, electromagnetic field theory, and quantum mechanics with a 3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale.
- minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- GRE general scores are not required unless your upper division undergraduate GPA is under 3.0
- fluent command of the English language—foreign students for whom English is a second language are required to submit scores of:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and minimum individual module scores of 6.0
- statement of purpose
- three letters of recommendation
- transcripts from each four-year institution where course credit was granted