Why teach physics?
- Help and connect with people every day, and inspire them to love learning
- Learn something new about physics and people every day
- Have fun with exciting experiments, profound ideas, and vibrant people
- Earn a good salary with good benefits, job security, professional development opportunities, and a great community of colleagues
Texas State University is a Comprehensive PhysTEC site as of Fall 2015. This means that Texas State is one of a few sites for focused national effort for improving the number of physics teachers and the quality of their preparation - and therefore, a great place for you to train to become an excellent physics teacher!
This page should address everything you might want to know about becoming a physics teacher through Texas State. If you have suggestions for improvements, or if you would like more information, please contact Dr. Hunter Close at email@example.com.
- GPA requirement for all teachers
- Degree Programs with Physics Teacher Certification
- Learning Assistant Program
- RADIANS Teacher Scholarship Program at TXST
- Teacher Recruitment Program at TXST
- Office of Educator Preparation at TXST
- Mentoring for New Teachers
- Salary Information
- International Physics Teaching
- Instructional Resources for Physics Teachers
- Physics Teacher Network Meetings