Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Hourly/Biweekly Payroll – Pay date 2/26. SAP will be locked WEDNESDAY 2/24. TIME MUST BE APPROVED NO LATER THAN END OF DAY TUESDAY 2/23.
Salaried/Monthly Payroll - Pay date Monday 3/1. SAP Payroll will be locked TUESDAY 2/23.
2020 Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2)
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) confirmed that the nation’s tax season will start for individual tax return filers on Friday, February 12, 2021, when the tax agency will begin accepting and processing 2020 tax year returns. The deadline to file 2020 tax returns and pay any tax owed is Thursday, April 15, 2021.
Your 2020 Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2) will be available online on or before Monday, February 1st, 2021.
Please keep copy of your tax form for your records.
ENROLL IN DIRECT DEPOSIT!
Payroll and Tax Compliance teams are working hard during the continuously evolving challenges posed by the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are supporting Texas State staff and faculty with frequent communication on important changes and resources that assure continuity of service.
We encourage employees, who have not enrolled in direct deposit, to consider this more convenient process for their paychecks. It also helps us practice social distancing. Please take a moment to read the direct deposit instructions and sign up today.
Additionally, if you pick up your check at Student Business Services, we will begin mailing your check. So for your convenience, please make sure to sign up for direct deposit.
It is important for all our valued employees to take this step now as an extra precaution to limit disruptions in the payroll process. We cannot guarantee that you will receive your pay stub in a timely manner while the university community is operating under a COVID-19 shelter-in-place order or with limited in-person staffing.
Upcoming Pay Dates and Year-End Deadlines
- Monday, February 1 - Pay Period 01/01/2021 to 01/31/2021
- Monday, March 1 - Pay Period 02/01/2021 to 02/28/2021
- Thursday, April1 - Pay Period 03/01/2021 to 03/31/2021
- Monday, May 3 - Pay Period 04/01/2021 to 04/30/2021
- Tuesday, June 1 - Pay Period 05/01/2021 to 05/31/2021
- Friday, January 29 - Pay Period 01/01 to 01/15/2021
- Monday, February 15 - Pay Period 01/16 to 01/31/2021
- Friday, February 26 - Pay Period 02/01 to 02/15/2021
- Monday, March 15 - Pay Period 02/16 to 02/28/2021
- Wednesday, March 31 - Pay Period 03/01 to 03/15/2021
- Thursday, April 15 - Pay Period 03/16 to 03/31/2021
- Friday, April 30 - Pay Period 04/01 to 04/15/2021
Time for a Paycheck Checkup
Tips for using the IRS Withholding Calculator
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- The Withholding Calculator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Calculator.
Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
You should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2019.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2019.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/