Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Welcome New Faculty!
Salary employees are paid on a monthly pay period basis. Upcoming monthly payroll will be paid:
- Thursday, August 1st for the pay period 7/1 - 7/31
- Tuesday, September 3rd for the pay period 8/1 - 8/31
- Tuesday, October 1st for the pay period 9/1 - 9/30
Upcoming semi-monthly payrolls, for hourly and student employees, will be paid:
- Thursday, August 15 for the pay period 7/16 - 7/31
- Friday, August 30 for the pay period 8/1 - 8/15
- Monday, September 16 for the pay period 8/16 - 8/31
We encourage all employees to participate in the direct deposit program.
Over 90% of Texas State Employees participate in the direct deposit program. If you have already signed up for direct deposit, it is not necessary to resubmit information unless your election or banking information has changed.
Have a great semester!
Elect Secured Online Paperless Delivery of Your 2019 W-2
The deadline for electing online 2019 W-2 is January 3rd, 2020.
Time for a Paycheck Checkup
Tips for using the IRS Withholding Calculator
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- The Withholding Calculator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Calculator.
Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
You should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2018.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2018.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/
SAP - Employee Self Service
Watch the Employee Self Service Training Video to learn about the Employee Self Service (ESS) module. This module contains earnings statements, benefit plans, working time recording, leave balances, address change, bank information, emergency contacts, employee search and much more.