Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Malicious Phishing Attempt
The messages below are a malicious phishing attempt and may be deleted. In the future, please forward suspicious messages as attachments to email@example.com so they may be properly received and reviewed.
" I have shared a very urgent information concerning your payroll deposit. Click https://onedrive.office.com/file/######"
"I have used OneDrive to share some very important information with you. Click https://onedrive.live.com/file/######"
If you or someone you know clicked on the link or provided any information, please contact ITAC immediately at 512-245-4822 as your (or their) account may have been compromised. Additionally, if you know anyone else in your area who received this message, please encourage them to report the message with its headers or as an attachment (see instructions below for reference).
To report a phishing message as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Using the Windows plug-in option on university machines: click the email once to select it, then click on the “Junk” drop-down menu and click “Report as Phishing”
- On Outlook for Windows, double-click the message in Outlook to open it in a new Window, and then go to File > Save As, and then send that file to email@example.com
- On Outlook for Mac, you can right-click on the message, and choose “Forward as Attachment.” Send that message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In “Bobcatmail” (the Outlook Web App at outlook.office365.com), select the message, and choosing “Phishing” from the “Junk” drop down at the top of the page. This will automatically report the message.
IRS opens 2019 tax filing season for individual filers on Jan. 27
2019 W-2 are available online for employees who elected an electronic W-2.
Paper W-2 forms will be mailed January 31st.
Salary employees will be paid:
- Monday, February 3rd for the period 1/1 - 1/31/2020
- Monday, March 2nd for the period 2/1 - 2/29/2020
Hourly and student employees, will be paid:
- Wednesday, January 15 for the pay period 12/16 - 12/31/2019
- Friday, January 31 for the pay period 1/1 - 1/15/2020
- Monday, February 17 for the pay period 1/16 -1/31/2020
We encourage all employees to participate in the direct deposit program.
Over 90% of Texas State Employees participate in the direct deposit program. If you have already signed up for direct deposit, it is not necessary to resubmit information unless your election or banking information has changed.
Have a great semester!
Elect Secured Online Paperless Delivery of Your 2019 W-2
The deadline for electing online 2019 W-2 is January 10, 2020.
Time for a Paycheck Checkup
Tips for using the IRS Withholding Calculator
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- The Withholding Calculator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Calculator.
Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
You should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2018.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2018.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/
SAP - Employee Self Service
Watch the Employee Self Service Training Video to learn about the Employee Self Service (ESS) module. This module contains earnings statements, benefit plans, working time recording, leave balances, address change, bank information, emergency contacts, employee search and much more.