Skip to Content

Deficiency Information

The Professional Counseling Program is no longer writing deficiency plans for those needing course work to meet the requirements for Texas Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists or Certified School Counselors, EXCEPT for those individuals who are graduates from the Texas State University Professional Counseling Program. 

If you are a graduate of our program and have questions, please contact the Program Coordinator, Dr. Kathy Ybanez-Llorente at or 512.245.7985.


Current school counseling degree seeking students who need a Deficiency Plan on file with the Texas State Certification Office, please contact Dr. Jennifer Greene. Please complete the school counseling deficiency plan prior to meeting with Dr. Greene. This appointment should be scheduled in advance.