Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Following tax law changes, you should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form.
You should check if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2017.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2017.
Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to do a Paycheck Checkup
- The IRS Withholding Calculator helps figure out if you should submit a new Form W-4 to your employer.
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/taxspec/
The deadline for electing online 2018 W-2 is December 31, 2018.
For instructions, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/taxservices.html
Prior Year W-2's are available through the Payroll and Tax Compliance Office.
SAP - Employee Self Service
Watch the Employee Self Service Training Video to learn about the Employee Self Service (ESS) module. This module contains earnings statements, benefit plans, working time recording, leave balances, address change, bank information, emergency contacts, employee search and much more.
Campus payroll news:
The monthly payroll for August 2018, will be paid on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
Upcoming semi-monthly payrolls, for hourly and student employees, will be paid Monday, September 17, 2018 (for the pay period 08/16/18 - 08/31/18) and Friday, September 28, 2018 (for the pay period 09/01/18 - 09/15/18).
- Pay Statement - view and print your pay statement
- Instructions to view and print your pay statement
- Payroll Direct Deposit - sign up
- Salary/Fringe Report Quick Reference
- Salary/Fringe Report Instructions
We are pleased to offer and encourage all employees to participate in the direct deposit program. Over 90% of Texas State Employees participate in the direct deposit program. If you have already signed up for direct deposit, it is not necessary to resubmit information unless your election or banking information has changed. Have a great semester.
Want to check the status of your tax refund? Use this link: Where's My Refund?
If you don't have internet access, call the IRS Refund Hotline at (800) 829-1954, 24 hours a day.