For information on special events and workshops, visit our Events page.
Alpha Lambda Delta
Students who finish the first semester of their freshmen year with a GPA of 3.5 or above will be invited to join Alpha Lambda Delta. ALD is a national honor society for students who have met the following qualifications:
- Completed one semester
- Earned a 3.5 or higher GPA
You can also visit the national Alpha Lambda Delta website.
This scholarship is awarded annually in honor of Professor Merry Kone FitzPatrick. The number of awards given will depend on funding availability. Awards range from $1,000 - $5,000 per year.
- Awarded to currently enrolled sophomores, juniors, or seniors who are active members of Alpha Lambda Delta. A preference is given to students who have been accepted into the Honors College.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic strength and engagement in the community.
- Applicants must maintain a semester grade point average of at least 3.50.
- Applicants must enroll in at least 12 hours per semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in Alpha Lambda Delta and must have paid the Alpha Lambda Delta initiation and lifetime membership fee.
- Applicants must reapply each year and meet all eligibility requirements.
Application Procedures and Deadlines
- Continuing students: by 5 p.m. on March 1, fill out online scholarship form and arrange for two letters of recommendation to be submitted to the Honors College.
- For a complete list of scholarships available to honors students and to access the scholarship application, visit our Scholarship Opportunities page.
Gallery of the Common Experience Assistant Curators
The gallery is maintained by the Honors College, Gallery curator, and a campus-wide committee of dedicated art lovers. For more information or to become involved with the committee, e-mail email@example.com. You can also follow the Gallery of the Common Experience on Facebook.
Please visit our Gallery page for more information.
Honors Living-Learning Community
This residential program is located in Laurel Hall, conveniently located in central campus and close to Lampasas - home of the Honors College. Students participate in programming to get to know other students in Honors who have chosen to make a strong commitment to academics in a creative and engaging environment. This living-learning ommunity is optional for admitted Honors College students.
Please visit the Honors Living-Learning Community page for more information.
Honors Student Association
The Honors Student Association (HSA) provides networking opportunities for fellow honors students and faculty. HSA also assists students in developing good leadership skills through community service.
Texas State Undergraduate Research Journal (TXSTUR)
The Texas State Undergraduate Research Journal (TXSTUR) was created as an honors thesis project for Rachel Barnett, sponsored by the Honors College. The journal provides an outlet for undergraduate students of all disciplines to publish their original and unique research. It is the goal of TXSTUR to increase the amount of published undergraduate research on campus. The journal is an online publication through the Texas Digital Library (TDL).
All articles are peer-reviewed for quality and accuracy by an editorial board, consisting of honors students, and subject-matter experts, who are Texas State faculty members.