Incoming freshmen accepted to Texas State and admitted to the Honors College usually meet or exceed at least one of the following criteria. Test scores are not required for admission to the Honors College. Students must be admitted to Texas State to apply.
- Outstanding talent in an area of interest
- Top 10 percent of high school graduating class
- ACT composite score of 27
- SAT score of 1270 (calculated as Math + Verbal scores)
- Completed the AP Capstone Program
Currently enrolled Texas State students should have a GPA of 3.25 or greater on either their overall or Texas State GPA.
The Honors College accepts applications on a rolling basis so there is no deadline for Honors College applications.
- Incoming freshmen for the fall semester who are admitted by March 1 may turn in a request for preregistration for an honors course. Registration for New Student Orientation is required to be included in the preregistration process.
- Incoming freshmen applicants accepted after March 1 will be able to register for honors courses during New Student Orientation.
- Incoming transfer students will not receive priority registration benefits until their first enrolled semester at Texas State University.
- Current Texas State students must apply and be admitted before 5 p.m. September 1 or February 1 to ensure the benefit of priority registration.
If you see any incorrect information, please take a screenshot and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue. Please include your student ID number. We adopted a new application system in summer 2018, so we appreciate your patience.
I was in an honors program at my previous university. Can I transfer honors course credit to the Honors College at Texas State University?
Transfer students from other honors programs may transfer previous university honors course credit to be applied to graduation in the Honors College.
No, there is not a different application for veterans. We encourage all veterans to apply to the Honors College. We offer advising for students who are not sure how the Honors College can best benefit them. Please email email@example.com to meet with an honors advisor. The Honors College takes pride in its partnership with Veterans. Those wishing to either learn more about our veteran alumni or events that might interest veterans should follow this link.
Learn more about what we offer by visiting our Prospective Honors Students information page.
At this time, only prospective students accepted to Texas State University can apply to the Honors College.
If you have not applied to Texas State University yet, please visit the admissions web site.
I applied to the Honors College, but decided to attend Texas State a different semester. Does my application roll-over?
Unfortunately, your application will not roll-over. If you apply to the Honors College and decide to attend Texas State University a different semester, you must ask us to withdraw your application from the semester you originally applied. You may re-apply for the semester you plan to attend Texas State.
- Each application is reviewed twice and every applicant recieves a decision letter via physical mail to the address on the application
- Average processing time of new applications is 2-3 weeks
- Applicants can check their application status by logging back into the application system
Transfer and continuing students with over 60 completed credit hours may have additional requirements such as meeting with an honors advisor before the final application decision is made. We want to make sure you're fully informed on how to get the fullest Honors experience during your time at Texas State.
Example Status: Under Review - Pending Meeting with Honors Advisor
Action Needed: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to complete the application process.