Incoming freshmen accepted to Texas State and admitted to the Honors College usually meet or exceed at least one of the following criteria.
- Top 10 percent of high school graduating class
- ACT composite score of 27
- SAT score of 1270 (calculated as Math + Verbal scores)
- Completed the AP Capstone Program
Transfer students and currently enrolled Texas State students should have a GPA of 3.25 or greater. View the Transfer Planning Guide here.
The Honors College accepts applications on a rolling basis so there is no deadline for Honors College applications.
- Incoming freshmen planning to enroll in a fall semester must apply and be admitted by April 1 in order to register for Honors courses during New Student Orientation. Applicants accepted after April 1 will be unable to register for Honors classes until the late registration period in August.
- Incoming transfer students will not receive priority registration benefits until their first semester at Texas State University.
- Current Texas State students must apply before 5 p.m. September 1 or February 1 to ensure the benefit of priority registration. Priority registration is not available to incoming transfer students.