Incoming freshmen accepted to Texas State and admitted to the Honors College usually meet or exceed at least one of the following criteria.
- Top 10 percent of high school graduating class
- ACT composite score of 27
- SAT score of 1270 (calculated as Math + Verbal scores)
- Completed the AP Capstone Program
Transfer students and currently enrolled Texas State students should have a GPA of 3.25 or greater. View the Transfer Planning Guide here. Students who are currently members of an honors program should review the information here.
The Honors College accepts applications on a rolling basis so there is no deadline for Honors College applications.
- Incoming freshmen planning to enroll in a fall semester must apply and be admitted by March 1 in order to register for Honors courses during New Student Orientation. Applicants accepted after March 1 will be unable to register for Honors classes until the late registration period in August.
- Incoming transfer students will not receive priority registration benefits until their first semester at Texas State University.
- Current Texas State students must apply before 5 p.m. September 1 or February 1 to ensure the benefit of priority registration. Priority registration is not available to incoming transfer students.
If you see any incorrect information, please take a screenshot and email us at email@example.com with a description of the issue. Please include your student ID number. We adopted a new application system in summer 2018, so we appreciate your patience.
I was in an honors program at my previous university. Can I transfer honors course credit to the Honors College at Texas State University?
Transfer students from other honors programs may transfer previous university honors course credit to be applied to graduation in the Honors College.
No, there is not a different application for veterans. We encourage all veterans to apply to the Honors College. We offer advising for students who are not sure how the Honors College can best benefit them. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with an honors advisor. The Honors College takes pride in its partnership with Veterans. Those wishing to either learn more about our veteran alumni or events that might interest veterans should follow this link.
Learn more about what we offer by visiting our Prospective Honors Students information page.
At this time, only prospective students accepted to Texas State University can apply to the Honors College.
If you have not applied to Texas State University yet, please visit the admissions web site.