Texas State University Protocol Approval Application and Information
The IACUC USDA Survey must be completed and submitted during October of each year by all users of vertebrate animals.
Note to graduate students, technicians, research assistants: Your faculty supervisor, or the account manager of the funds paying for the animals must submit these forms.
Please do not use these forms unless you are a member of the Texas State University | San Marcos Faculty.
Applicants should allow at least two full weeks for protocol review and approval by the IACUC."
|Form 1: ||Request for Approval of Experimental and/or Teaching Protocol |
How to Write an Application Involving Research Animals (from NIH)
- Use this form for research or teaching exercises that involve live, vertebrate animals on or in Texas State facilities.
- If your proposed study involves multiple species and requires Federal, State, or other permits in addition to IACUC approval, then use Form 2 instead of this one.
- If you are not sure which form to use, use this one
|Form 2: ||Request for Approval of Field Studies and Work at Another Facility that holds a Separate but Appropriate Approval || |
- Use this form if your proposed study involves multiple species and requires Federal, State, or other permits in addition to IACUC approval.
- Or use this form to notify the Texas State IACUC of work done with animals at another facility, which has its own approval in place.
- Note, this form can only be used for studies on animals that are not housed on/in Texas State facilities.
|Form 3: ||New Proposal - Same Protocol || |
- Use this form ONLY to request approval for a new proposal (grant or other) WHEN the new proposal describes use and care that is substantially the same as in an earlier, already approved, protocol. The earlier, approved protocol must have a current, non-expired approval number.
- See the Texas State List of Approved Protocols to be sure (left side of this page)
|Form 4: ||Request for Approval of Six (6) Month Extension || |
- Use this form to request an extension of an existing approval for up to 6 months.
- There must be no substantive changes to the existing, approved protocol.
- Approvals can only be extended one time.
|Form 5: ||Statement of Poor Condition || |
- Use this form to report animals received in such condition that they appear abused, or that their appearance may prompt allegations of abuse. Such animals should be refused unless refusal would cause further abuse or destruction of the animals.
|Form 6: ||Request for Approval for Use of Animals other than Teaching or Research || |
- Use this form to request approval of animal use for applications other than teaching or research; such as herding animals on the Freeman Ranch, display animals, etc.
- All animals on Texas State property must be permitted by the Texas State IACUC.
|IACUC USDA Survey ||Texas State University Survey Request Form ||This form must be completed and submitted during October of each year by all users of vertebrate animals. |