If you are considering further graduate study after your Texas State degree, you are encouraged to attend.
more about event
The workshop is for both grad students and undergrad majors. Since, as we'll discuss, it's never too early to start preparing to apply, students at all stages of the program are encouraged to attend. Indeed, the earlier you start preparing, the better.
Also, please note that the workshop is not only for those of you who wish to pursue a PhD in Philosophy. It will also be relevant to those of you who plan to apply to graduate programs in other fields. And there will even be some advice for those of you who don't plan to do another graduate degree.
Some of the topics we'll cover:
- How to make the best use of your course work at Texas State
- Deciding whether to apply to another graduate program
- The timeline for applying
- Choosing programs to apply to
- Making your application as strong as possible
- Alternatives to further graduate study