The information provided on the “Request for Biological Tissue Sampling Form” aim to:
1. Address the substantial scientific benefits that will result from the research.
2. Justify the choice of biological material to be sampled as it relates to the study.
3. Demonstrate that the research protocol involves the least destruction of the tissue possible using the most minimally invasive methods to accomplish the goals of the study, and that the research is not an unnecessary duplication of pervious research.
4. Provide explicit details of the sampling strategy and the analytical framework of the study.
5. Determine if any of the sampled materials can be returned following analysis.
6. Ensure that the researcher has the technical skills, funding, and equipment to accomplish the study.
7. Address the type of data that will be provided to FACTS and establish when and how the data will be provided.
Please download the FACTS Policy on Biological Tissue Sampling and Destructive Analyses, read it, sign it, and attach it as a supplement to this form.