Texas State University is a public, student-centered, Emerging Research University dedicated to excellence in serving the educational needs of the diverse population of Texas and the world beyond.
Our Shared Values
In pursuing our mission, we, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas State University, are guided by a shared collection of values. Specifically, we value:
- An exceptional undergraduate experience as the heart of what we do
- Graduate education as a means of intellectual growth and professional development
- A diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life
- The cultivation of character and the modeling of honesty, integrity, compassion, fairness, respect, and ethical behavior, both in the classroom and beyond
- Engaged teaching and learning based in dialogue, student involvement, and the free exchange of ideas
- Research, scholarship, and creative activity as fundamental sources of new knowledge and as expressions of the human spirit
- A commitment to public service as a resource for personal, educational, cultural, and economic development
- Thoughtful reflection, collaboration, planning, and evaluation as essential for meeting the changing needs of those we serve
Approved by The Texas State University System Board of Regents on August 24, 2012 and by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board on January 24, 2013.