Military-Connected Student Guide
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.6
- Be a Military-Connected Student on a Federal level educational benefit (Active duty military, Veteran, ROTC cadet, Spouse or Family Member on a Federal benefit such as Post 9-11 GI Bill ® or active duty Tuition Assistance)
- TXST student for minimum of 2 semesters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An active and involved member of the Texas State Community
- Assist military-connected students
- Help students become familiar with Veterans Affairs, university and community benefits and resources
- Advise and refer students to appropriate resources as the need arises
- Schedule face-to-face meetings as required
- Hold office hours
- Record contact and submit Weekly Activity Sheets
- Attend and encourage attendance at VATS, Veteran events and University activities
- Attend a weekly meeting with the Guide Coordinator
- Participate in all Guide training
Military-Connected Student Guide receive a wage of $9.25/hour and work 5 to 20 hours a week.
Complete Online Application HERE.
Submit two reference forms (one from faculty or previous supervisor and one from student or community veteran). Please have references; use link HERE.
Following review of all applications, interviews will be scheduled with those individuals whose applications pass the screening process.