Skip to Content

University College Administrative Withdrawal Request

Administrative Withdrawal - Definition and Policy

The Administrative Withdrawal is a process whereby ALL grades, high or low, for a given semester are changed to the grade of “W.” Per Policy and Procedure Statement 4.09 (Schedule Changes, Drops, and Withdrawals), students seeking to “drop a class or classes after the semester has ended, must provide (a) a written letter of appeal and (b) documentation of extremely extenuating circumstances to the appropriate dean(s).” (section 20).

The Dean of University College will review Administrative Withdrawal requests for following students: General Studies, Exploratory, and Exploratory Professional majors, as well as cases involving circumstances that occurred within a student's freshman year (PACE students). All other students should contact the Dean’s Office of their respective majors to appeal for an Administrative Withdrawal.

*Students seeking to drop a single course after the semester has ended should contact the Dean’s Office of the college through which the course is offered.

Please provide the information requested below if you are seeking an Administrative Withdrawal from the Dean of University College.