AUSTIN TALENT SEARCH - AUSTIN
SAN MARCOS TALENT SEARCH - SAN MARCOS
The mission of Talent Search (TS) at Texas State is to serve traditionally underrepresented, middle and high school students, with special consideration for low-income and first generation students.
In collaboration with the local school district, TS guides, empowers, and nurtures students to progress through the academic pipeline and to succeed in postsecondary education while also promoting personal growth and cultural diversity. TS will inspire students to achieve their full potential as future leaders of a global society by cultivating a college-going culture with emphasis on student-centered programming.
Services | Talent Search
- College and career preparation assistance
- Financial literacy and financial aid information
- Tutoring referrals
- College Visits
- Cultural Enrichment Programs
- Workshops and sessions for students and parents
Interested in Talent Search?
Be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident
Attend a participating school in SMCISD or AISD
Be enrolled in grades 6-12
Demonstrate a desire and potential to pursue a college education
Special consideration will be given to:
- Potential first-generation students
- Low income students
- Youth and foster care students
- Students with documented disability
- Students with Limited English Proficiency
- Homeless youth
- Pregnant or parenting youth