San Marcos Campus
From IH-35 North (Austin)
Take exit 206, travel West on Aquarena Springs for 1.5 miles. After crossing the San Marcos River you will come to a traffic light. Make a slight left onto University Drive. Go right at the fork and at the second light, turn right at N. Edward Gary St. Go straight until you reach the Performing Arts Parking Structure.
From HWY. 123 (Seguin)
When you reach IH-35, go under the freeway (do not get on IH-35). The road will become S. Guadalupe. Travel for a half mile until you reach E. Grove St. / TX-82 where traffic will be directed to turn right. Turn left at S. LBJ and travel straight until you reach the guard booth for parking information and building location.
From IH-35 South (San Antonio)
Go north on IH-35 and then take Exit 204. Turn left under the freeway and the road will become S. Guadalupe. Travel for a half mile until you reach E. Grove St. / TX-82 where traffic will be directed to turn right. Turn left at S. LBJ and travel straight until you reach the guard booth for parking information and building location
Round Rock Campus
We are located at 1555 University Boulevard in Round Rock, Texas, 78665. Enter from University Boulevard at the flags; turn right for parking. Parking kiosks are on the grass adjacent to the parking lots. The Avery Building is the building facing the flags. As you come in the front entrance of the Avery Building, go past the elevators and turn left onto the east wing hallway. Go past the cafeteria and bathrooms, turn left again. The open area is the Testing Center waiting area. Welcome to the Testing Center, Avery, Suite 209!
San Marcos Campus
The nearest visitor parking is in the Edward Gary Street Garage, located at 405 N. Edward Gary St. There is a fee for parking in this garage. Fees range from $3 to $14 for up to six hours.
To walk to TEMC in Commons Hall from the Edward Gary Street Garage:
- Turn left out of the garage to head north, uphill on N. Edward Gary St. After you cross Woods St. the building on your immediate left is Brazos Hall.
- Walk around Brazos Hall, just northwest of it (the first sidewalk to the left after Brazos Hall), on your left, you’ll see the east side entrance to Commons Hall.
- Choose the left stairway to the door. Inside the building, you will see the TEMC office, G16, on your left. Ahead on the left wall is a sign, G14 Testing Lab and an arrow pointing left.
- If you are in need of assistance in locating us, please call 512-245-2276.
- For more parking information, please visit University Parking Services.
For Texas State students who possess a valid purple Texas State permit, the closest parking lot is P5 (Sessom).
For Texas State faculty who possess a valid red permit, the closest parking lots are R48 (Commons) and R49 (Education).
The accessible entrance to Commons Hall is located on the west side of the building (the side that faces Beretta Hall).
Visitors who need accessible parking can park in the Pleasant Street Parking Garage and use the Pay-and-Display Station. Cost is $5 for the day.
To get to Commons Hall from the Pleasant Street Parking Garage:
- Turn left out of the garage and follow the path past the bobcat statue and Texas State electronic sign.
- Turn left down the ramps toward the fountain.
- Turn right at the fountain toward Commons Hall.
- Take the sidewalk to the right to go to the west side of Commons Hall for the accessible entrance. The elevator will be on the left once you enter the building.
Accessible parking is available with a state-issued Persons with Disabilities Parking Placard or License Plate and a valid Texas State Parking permit. There is 1 accessible parking spot located in R23 (Brazos) and 2 in R48 (Commons). Additional accessible parking is located in R5 (Pleasant).
For more parking information, please visit University Parking Services.
Round Rock Campus
Unless you have a current Texas State University parking permit, parking is an additional $5 to be paid by credit card at the small, unmanned kiosks in the parking lot. The temporary, kiosk parking permit is good for one day; place the receipt on your dashboard. Do not park in visitor parking. There is ample and nearby parking at the northwest side of the Avery Building in the purple coded lots.