ET Program - ABET Accreditation
The Bachelor of Science in Technology degree program in Engineering Technology has been accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET. With ABET accreditation, students, parents, employers and the society we serve can be confident that a program meets the quality standards that produce graduates prepared to enter a global workforce.
Engineering Technology Program
Mission, Program Educational Objectives, and Student Outcomes
The mission of the Engineering Technology program is to (1) sustain a quality, student-centered, industry oriented engineering technology curriculum and (2) prepare students with technical knowledge, real-world problem solving skills, leadership skills, and hand-on abilities to perform effectively in the global marketplace.
Program Educational Objectives:
Within 3-5 years after graduation, graduates of the Engineering Technology program are expected to be able to attain the following educational objectives:
- Apply the principles of math, science, engineering, and technology to the solution of real-world technical problems.
- Perform as technical leaders in the global marketplace.
- Effectively use their communication skills in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal and team environments.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Practice life-long learning.
Each graduate is expected to have:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly- defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Fall Semester Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|