Texas State is one of only four universities in the nation to offer the innovative Concrete Industry Management degree program. There are many possible career opportunities for CIM graduates in the industry. Some of these include
- Concrete Project Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Concrete Testing Technician
- Project Estimator
- Plant Manager
- Concrete Materials Researcher
- Project Coordinator
- Operations/Production Manager
- Admixture Sales Manager
- Sales Manager
- Material Supplier
- Project Superintendent
- Product Distribution Manager
- Safety Manager
Employers may post new opportunities by emailing a job description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers - Interested in Posting Here?
Send your announcement to:
TX State CIM Job Board
Stephen Kaiser, Technical Services Manager, for Campbell Concrete & Materials is looking to hire for TWO open positions in the quality control department. If you are interested in learning more, or would like to apply, please contact Mr. Kaiser.
Redi-Mix is currently seeking an experienced Quality Control Concrete Design Technician to join our team and support our DFW and surrounding area's facilities. We are looking for full-time and permanent employees. Full benefits after 30 days, medical, dental and 401(k), plus many more great benefit options. ACI Certification preferred and compensation based on verifiable experience. This a salary exempt position with great opportunities for advancement and growth.
- Mix Designs
- Experience with Command QC or Quadrel preferred
- Enter Mix Designs into batch computer
- Give Sales Coordinators mix designs to set up in projects
- Answer questions from the plant, i.e. what mix to use
- Conference calls with Engineers
- Evaluate break data
- Evaluate Material
- Look for ways to decrease batch cost while maintaining quality
- Make sure correct mix is being batched on a particular project
- Push VAP’s in the submittal process and in practical applications
- Talk to dispatchers about VAP’s and ideas for selling them
- Help customers with mix designs, trouble shooting, CIP’s
Office 817-835-2670 Cell 214-938-6626
ParkUSA is looking to hire for two positions and would like to recruit from students in the Engineering Technology Department.
Both positions can be part-time and or full- time, with the idea that you will move to a full-time position post-graduation.
If you are interested and would like to learn more, please contact Michael Thompson. Michael is a CIM senior and he can assist you with information about the company and go more into detail about the available positions.
You can also visit their website to learn more.
Fenix Post Tension is looking for a student with construction or concrete classwork for a paid summer internship. They are a a small team, but with a lot of residential work in foundation and concrete reinforcement (post-tension mostly, and rebar) in Central Texas. Fenix Post works with engineers, homebuilders, concrete contractors, and steel suppliers.
Fenix Post Tension
(512) 759-2245 phone
Applications open this summer on July 1st. Below is a brief description:
The AOE Fellowship is open to all CIM students who have interest in sales/marketing, association management or the business side of the concrete industry! This is a great opportunity to network with others in the industry, receive $$ for tuition and build your resume.
Recipients of this fellowship will receive:
- $10,000-$15,000 USD educational stipend for tuition, residence, books and materials
- Appropriate recognition in Concrete International magazine and on the foundation website
- PAID travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions
- Assistance in finding an industry mentor
AOE is a fully-owned subsidiary of ACI. This fellowship was created in memory of Wendy Ward, a member of the AOE team for more than a decade. Wendy was a great advocate for the concrete industry and passed away at the early age of 32 from breast cancer. She was known as a leading expert in helping organizations with their marketing and sales efforts.
If you are interested, the application cycle will open on July 1, 2021.
Visit the link below to learn more!