The following purpose statement evolved from the first few organizational meetings of the Retired Faculty and Staff Association. We offer it here as a draft for the consideration of retirees who choose to join us. If you have suggestions or comments, please let us know (see Contact Us).
The Retired Faculty and Staff Association aspires to
- Represent retired faculty and staff regarding University benefits and other issues directly relevant to retirees;
- Serve as a conduit for communication between the University and retired faculty and staff;
- Maintain and enhance the ongoing relationship between faculty and staff throughout their retirement years;
- Promote the participation of retired faculty and staff in University activities;
- Develop and organize activities and events of special interest to retirees; and
- Identify and support scholarships, lectures, and other special events of the University