New retirees are often asked “How do you like retirement?” And most of us say, or at least think, “Well, I really don’t miss the long hours and the stress, but do miss the social interactions and the people.”
Good news! The Retired Faculty and Staff Association is here to provide the social interaction and the people connections you’re looking for!
HERE’S WHAT RFSA OFFERS YOU
- Opportunities to maintain friendships you enjoyed at work.
- Opportunities to get to know new friends who share a common work background – university retirees are really interesting people!
- Annual steak fry and silent auction on the river – steaks grilled by our outstanding in-house cooks!
- Twice-a-year luncheons.
- Day trips to places like Fredericksburg (LBJ National Park, shopping, lunch, wineries) and Shiner (tour of Painted Churches, brewery, lunch).
- Soup and dessert receptions and talks with coaches before volleyball and basketball games.
- Lunch or dinner before plays/concerts on campus.
- Participation in the Investment Club – Investments, Seniors' Issues, and Fun Stuff.
- Monthly "Spur of the Moment" gatherings for activities from concerts to wine walks.
Our creative members continue to come up with other activities! We’re open to new ideas.
- Provides scholarships to Texas State students. Since 2009, we have awarded $23,750 to 19 students.
- Participates in the Veteran’s Day Parade, Bobcat Pause, the Retirement Fair, Cottage Kitchen, and the President’s Retirement Reception.
- Monitors meetings of Faculty Senate and Staff Council for discussions of interest to retirees.
- Maintains contact with Human Resources for pertinent information to pass on to members.
- Connects with retirees with medical or personal needs through our Care Committee.
We organized in 2006, and so far almost 300 retirees have joined us. You can too! All you have to do is fill out a simple form, and you and your spouse/partner will both be members. And it’s free!
Stay Connected – Make a Difference
If you prefer a paper form, you may download our membership form and mail the completed form to:
c/o University Advancement
320 J.C. Kellam Building
Texas State University
San Marcos, Texas 78666
- Contact Us: The Association – (512) 245-4055