Retired Faculty and Staff
Want to join? The link, Join RFSA will get you there. Want to see what members are saying and doing right now? This link will take you directly to our Facebook page.
Either way, welcome. We're happy to have you!
The Texas State Retired Faculty and Staff Association began in the summer of 2006 when a group of about 15 retirees met with University Advancement personnel to explore ways to enhance the relationship between retirees and the university.
The organization has grown to include over 300 members. After adopting a constitution, and electing officers for the 2008-2009 academic year, the RFSA had accomplished its goal of creating a representative group of university retirees who wanted to stay connected and make a difference.
The Retired Faculty and Staff Association aspires to:
- represent retired faculty and staff regarding university benefits and other issues directly relevant to retirees;
- serve as a conduit for communication between the university and retired faculty and staff;
- maintain and enhance the ongoing relationship between faculty and staff throughout their retirement years;
- promote the participation of retired faculty and staff in university activities;
- develop and organize activities and events of special interest to retirees, and
- identify and support scholarships, lectures, and other special events of the university.
All Texas State retired faculty and staff and their surviving spouses or partners are eligible for membership, and retirees from other accredited colleges and universities living in the San Marcos area are eligible for associate membership. There are no dues; however, tax-deductible donations are always graciously accepted.