The International Research Accelerator (IRA)
The IRA Application: An Internal Funding Opportunity at Texas State University
International Research Accelerator Application Guidelines
A five-page double space narrative with 1- inch margins and 12-point font (Times New Roman) that includes the following elements and addresses the review criteria listed in section II below:
Budget Request (up to $15,000) and Justification
A two-page single space vita (1-inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman font) for each applicant on the proposal that highlights research outcomes with an emphasis on international work previously conducted.
NOTE: The narrative and vita(s) should comprise a single PDF document and MUST be submitted through the online InfoReady System:
For technical assistance with the online application, please contact Dr. Yongxia Xia in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 245-2314.
Submission deadline is April 1st
Review deadline is April 26th
Funds available by May 15th
II. Proposal Evaluation
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Current stage of the research project
- Record of accomplishment of the researcher(s)
- Capability of the researcher(s) to accomplish the work
- Likelihood that IRA funds will help achieve two or more of the following outcomes (more competitive proposals will link to multiple areas:
- Securing additional funding (U.S. based grants or international funds);
- Publication in peer-reviewed journal;
- Sustain and enhance partnership under a specific International Research Agreement;
- Increase student involvement in undergraduate or graduate research;
- Increase study abroad or research abroad opportunities;
- Conduct research that has an impact on a real-world problem;
- Conduct research that has an impact on underrepresented student and/or faculty populations.
- Overall quality of proposal
III. Award Information
A unique account will be set up for each funded project. The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs will send a request for new account form to the Principal Investigator.
IV. Post Award Requirement
All recipients of the IRA must provide a 5-10-page final report summarizing the accomplishments and challenges associated with the funded research project no later than 14 months after the award was granted. Status updates and/or progress reports may be required as a condition of the award and will depend on the scope of the research project.
For additional information about the IRA program, please contact Dr. Michael Blanda, Assistant VP for Research (email@example.com) or Dr. Vedaraman Sriraman, Associate VP for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)