Pre Award Support
Update to Kuali Research Proposal Development: December 7th Kuali research will add adopt a new user interface (Dashboard) for Proposal Development. Beginning in mid-December, Kuali Research will have a new interface for users when they login to Kuali to initiate a sponsored programs proposal. This interface is not a software change and will not change the manner in which Investigators create and route proposals.
Pre Award Support Services is committed to supporting the University community in proposal development through value-added, high-quality service and professional partnerships with Principal Investigators (PIs) in order to facilitate world-changing research.
Our proposal coordinators work collaboratively with PIs and Research Coordinators across campus to prepare grant applications, serving as a dedicated central resource in all matters related to University and sponsor policies for proposal development and submission.
Pre Award Support Coordinators provide the following services in the support of PIs:
- Review sponsor guidelines, identify key requirements
- Assist with budget preparation, related documentation and proposal submission forms
- Prepare required sponsor administrative forms
- Ensure that all university information included within the proposal is accurate and complete
- Contact and collaborate with partner institutions to secure all necessary subcontract documentation
- Review the final proposal package to ensure all administrative requirements have been met
- Obtain academic approvals and provide institutional approval for the proposal
- Complete the final submission package, upload final documents and forms, and submit to the sponsor