What we do
Research Integrity and Compliance provides expertise, consultation and assessment in matters of compliance and facilitates implementation of a culture of compliance appropriate for an emerging research university.
On behalf of the Associate Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs, we are tasked with ensuring that Texas State faculty, staff, and students conduct research and scholarship in an ethical and responsible manner, following applicable government regulations, sponsor requirements, and University policies and procedures.
The following is a list of services that are provided by the RIC:
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the administration and operation of the IRB, IACUC, and IBC.
- Creates and supports an environment that promotes the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- Ensures University compliance with federal, state and local regulations with regard to research;
- Conducts internal audits or assessments to monitor research compliance and assist in the reduction of identified problem areas.
- Develops and implements effective educational programs that enhance responsible conduct and integrity in scientific research.
- Develops, publishes, and implements written policies and procedures regarding the responsible conduct of research;
- Monitors and alerts research compliance areas regarding regulatory updates;
- Maintains a confidential hotline for the reporting of concerns involving the responsible conduct of research;
- Reviews and acts upon concerns related to the responsible conduct of research.