Kuali Protocols Access Verification
Prior to submitting a request to Research Integrity and Compliance (RIC) for assistance, refer to user guides located on the “submit or edit IRB application” landing page. If you still have issues, we have found the following solutions to resolve common Kuali issues. Please note the Kuali module used by RIC is not the same module used by ORSP for proposals but is linked for managing funded projects. RIC’s module system is referred to as Kuali Compliance, and ORSP’s module system is referred to as Kuali Research.
- Ensure you are using Chrome as your browser.
- Ensure you are using the link located on the IRB website labeled “Submit or Edit an IRB Protocol” when logging in to Kuali Compliance for IRB applications.
- Ensure you are using a laptop or desktop as Kuali Compliance is not compatible with mobile devices.
- Clear your internet cache.
- If you are still having issues, submit a request using the link below titled “Request Assistance."
Technical issues once logged in:
- If a Texas State University affiliated person is not populating when added to a protocol, they must register with Kuali Compliance by logging in and out. Once this action is completed, they will populate in the protocol.
- Difficulty editing application sections? Ensure you are on the most recent version of the application (version control is at the top of the application). If you are responding to the reviewer comments on an amendment (project was previously approved), you can only edit sections you previously edited that were reviewed by the IRB. If you need to amend another section not previously edited, submit a request for protocol specific guidance using the link below titled “Request Assistance”.
- Unable to submit an application or amendment? If you are a student, you will need to communicate directly with your faculty advisor and inform them you are ready for them to submit/certify the application on your behalf. Please note you do not need to see a check mark next to “Key Personnel” to submit.
Use the “Request Assistance” link if you are still having issues, and a member of the Research Integrity and Compliance team will be in contact to assist you.