Hybrid Designation Policy
Texas State University Designated HIPAA Healthcare Components
December 01, 2019
I. Healthcare Components
All workforce of Healthcare Components are subject to HIPAA.
- Speech Language Hearing Clinic (COHP)
- Student Health Center (SA)
- Physical Therapy Clinic (COHP)
- Assessment & Counseling Clinics (COE)
- RRC Counseling Practicum Clinic (COE)
- CARES – The Clinic for Autism Research, Evaluation and Support (COE)
- Texas State Sleep Center (COHP)
II. Business Associate Components
Professional Staff departments of Texas State and Texas State University System, including those listed below, are Business Associate Components to the extent they provide Business Associate services (using or disclosing protected health information) to those Texas State Healthcare Components listed above, in the course of the Covered Entities' healthcare provider treatment, payment and operations or health plan actions under HIPAA.
- TSUS Office of the General Counsel
- TSUS Office of Audits & Analysis