Skip to Content

Override Request


Non-Physics majors can request an override for a Physics class by completing a form on the College of Science & Engineering Advising Center website at:

This form is specifically for an override on a course that you believe you already meet the prerequisites for.  This will not work for override or instructor approval.

Alternately, Physics majors can meet with Dr. David Donnelly ( or Dr. Hunter Close ( to discuss receiving an override from the department.


Most courses in the Department of Physics are set at the max capacity for the room scheduled and do not have the option of a closed-class override.


If you are trying to register for a course that has Instructor or Department Approval, your first step is to contact the instructor to seek permission.  The instructor will either deny or approve and ask you to speak with the department administrative assistant for further assistance.