(FACES) Foster Care Alumni Creating Educational Success
Presenter(s): Christine Norton, Terence L. Parker, Toni Watt
Being a college student is hard and everyone needs support. FACES
(Foster Care Alumni Creating Educational Success) is a program intended
to assist students who are involved in the foster care system and
attending or considering attending Texas State.
The FACES initiative is a campus-wide effort to expand and evaluate
support services for foster care alumni at Texas State University. It is
a partnership between the Vice President for Student Affairs Office, the
School of Social Work, the Sociology Department and Title V PACE/MAC.
Workshop topics include:
• Overview of foster care
• Foster care in higher education
• Foster care at Texas State
• Overview of FACES
• Opportunities for supporting foster care alumni on campus
• Next steps: mentoring, Foster Care Advisory Council, etc
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop by searching for course title in search term box.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event