Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
Texas State is committed to building and supporting an increasingly diverse campus community. To that end, the university supports a variety of strategic initiatives promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Instituting a program of faculty and staff development to enhance campus diversity
- Ensuring higher levels of African-American and Hispanic student retention
- Making funds available through Research Enhancement Grants to conduct research on diversity issues
- Implementing strategies that will support diversity learning in the classroom
- Ensuring effective recruitment of African-American and Hispanic faculty and staff
- Creating a system of oversight, assessment and accountability to ensure that the goal of greater diversity is achieved
- Using Texas State’s internally and externally projected image to promote our commitment to diversity
- Enhancing recruitment of African-American and Hispanic students
- Annually recommending faculty and staff nominees for the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award to the university president
Council on Inclusive Excellence
The Council on Inclusive Excellence provides oversight, advice and support for the university’s goal to enrich our learning and working environment by attracting and supporting a more diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Diversity Plan Initiatives
Since the beginning of the strategic plan period in 2004, Texas State University has provided more than $200,000 specifically designated for on-campus projects that support our diversity plan goals. This represents a significant commitment to diversity in addition to the many efforts of offices across campus to reach our diversity goals.
Diversity Plan Documents
Olga M. Wilson
Senior Lecturer, School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Skyller D. Walkes
Associate Director, Office of Disability Services
Rafael A. Cordero, Jr.
Grant Director, Upward Bound