Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
Texas State is committed to building and supporting an increasingly diverse campus community.
To that end, the university supports a variety of strategic initiatives promoting diversity and inclusion.
These Efforts Include:
- Employee Professional Development Certification for Inclusion (Bobcat J.E.D.I. Program)
- Increasing the academic success and retention of historically underrepresented students.
- Funding over $70,000 per year in grant funding for programs and projects that incorporate the strategic plan for diversity and inclusion.
- Implementing strategies that will support diversity learning in the classroom
- Recruiting and retaining a highly qualified, diverse workforce of faculty, staff and administrators.
- Creating a system of oversight, assessment and accountability to ensure that strategic goals are met and exceeded.
- Using Texas State’s internally and externally projected image to promote our commitment to diversity
- Annual recommendation of faculty and staff nominees for the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award to the university president
Council for Inclusive Excellence
The Council for Inclusive Excellence provides oversight, advice and support for the university’s goal to enrich our learning and working environment by attracting and supporting a more diverse faculty, staff and student body.
The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Awards
2020 Award Winners
Faculty Award Winner
Dr. Russell Hodges, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Staff Award Winner
Arlene Salazar, University Libraries
Funded Proposals, Spring 2020
- Bobcat Connection Laredo Media and Film Festival
- Why Representation Matters: Inclusion in Screendance
- Student Led STEM Outreach to Local and Regional Groups
- SACA Presents: So You Think You Can Drag
- Monarch Summit and Naturalization Ceremony
- A Night With Damon West - College Quarterback to Prison to Redemption
- My Truth: Life Before and After Gangs and Prisons
- Having Difficult Conversations and Resolving Conflict
- Texas Stream Team Campus Wide Engagement Intitiative
- Truth in Art Performance
- 36th Annual MLK Jr. Commemorative Celebration
- Conference on Traditional Yoga
- Academic Freedom, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Maintenance of the Multicultural Lounge
- 2020 Leadership Annual Conference
- Conspirare and Zuzu African Acrobats
- Model Arab League
Due to COVID-19, we will not be funding any programming for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check back in early Fall of 2021 for funding proposal applications.