TXST Monarch Center for Immigrant Students
Who We Are
The Monarch Center is a virtual hub, streamlining communications and access to immigration resources, programs, and research.
What's happened so far
- November 2019 – presidential DACA Task Force recommendations include implementing a DACA resource center
- February 2020 – coordinator appointed to lead the Center
- March 2020 – inaugural meeting of faculty and staff charged with serving on the advisory council; decided on official name
- May 2020 – official launch of Monarch Center and website
- July 2020 – graduate assistant hired to staff the Monarch Center
- August 2020 – physical space located in Brazos Hall 218 opened to students
- September 2020 – assembled team of immigration research scholars
The mission of the TXST Monarch Center for Immigrant Students is to provide a network of university leaders offering evidenced-based research, resources and support in the form of guidance, strategic initiatives for the academic success and inclusion of DACA and Immigrant students.
Updates for DACA, Immigrant, and International Students
If you need legal help or have questions about alternative options regarding the recent SEVP announcement about online courses, please contact the Attorney to schedule a free and confidential appointment with Dr. Angelica Coronado.
Points of Contact
Stella Silva, PhD
Office: LBJ Student Center, Suite 2-20.0
Angelica Coronado, JD
Office: LBJ Student Center, Suite 5-1.5