Alkek Library to be closed Saturday, Aug. 28
Posted by University News Service
Aug. 25, 2010
The Alkek Library will be closed on Saturday, August 28th, for electrical power to be run to the North Campus Housing complex, currently under construction. The library will be open regular hours on Friday, August 27th (7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.), and Sunday, August 29th, (1 p.m. to 1 a.m.).
Construction crews will shut off electricity to the Alkek Library, the Matthews Street Parking Garage, and Student Health Center from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. so that the electrical grid can be modified to bring the new dormitory online.
The library catalog and most of the databases will be available remotely. However, some electronic resources and services will not be available until power is restored. These include:
- Some business databases (Research Insight, CRSP, directEDGAR, Gartner, Morningstart Document Research, FARS)
- University Archives Records Retention Schedule.
- ILLiad (interlibrary loan system)
- Ask-A-Librarian service
- Information Literacy wiki
- Online catalog Suggest a Purchase form
- Some of the Wittliff Collection online exhibits may be unavailable during this time. In addition, some finding aids on the Wittliff Collections website will be temporarily unavailable.
For more information, contact Pat Hawthorne at 512-245-3895 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or concerns about the electrical shutdown should be addressed to Guillermo Nieri, Construction Manager, at 245-6198, GN15@txstate.edu , or Office of Facilities Planning, Design and Construction (OFPDC) at 245-2202.