Office of Media Relations: Undergraduate Internship
The Office of Media Relations at Texas State University has an opening for a writing intern for the fall 2018 semester.
This position's duties entail feature writing and media releases, plus other jobs as needed. Internship candidates should be motivated and capable of meeting set deadlines with limited supervision. Minimal qualifications for this internship are:
- Good writing skills, with a minimum of one introductory journalism class or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook
- Ability to identify and develop story ideas independently
- Photography skills are useful, but not necessary
- This is an unpaid internship, although course credit is available through prior arrangement
Students interested in applying should submit a resume and at least two writing samples to Jayme Blaschke via email at JB71@txstate.edu. Hard copy submissions may be sent to the Office of Media Relations, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666.