The Mathworks Math Contest (MMC) is a free contest: an opportunity for middle school students (6-8th-grade students) to explore mathematics and be challenged by high-level problems!
The contest is a 15 question test that is proctored by math teachers and coaches at their respective schools. Once all the students have taken the test, they are sent back to us. After all the grades have been calculated, the grades are released to the teachers and coaches. The top 4 students are invited to represent the United States at the Primary Math World Competition (PMWC). Students must be born between September 1st, 2005 and August 31st, 2007 to be eligible to compete at the PMWC. In addition, all participants are invited to apply to the Mathworks residential Junior Summer Math Camp (JSMC).
Timeline for 2018:
- October 29th: the test is to be sent via email to math teachers/coaches. .(If you do not see the test in your inbox please check your spam folder.)
- November 1st: Day of Contest!
- November 2nd: Tests must be postmarked on this date and returned to our office by November 9th.
- November 9th: Test must be recieved by Mathworks by this date.
- November 30th-December 9th: Test scores will be released to teachers/coaches.