The Mathworks Math Contest (MMC) is a free contest: an opportunity for middle school students (6-8th-grade students) to explore mathematics and be challenged by high-level problems!
The contest is a 15 question test that is proctored by math teachers and coaches at their respective schools. Once all the students have taken the test, they are sent back to us. After all the grades have been calculated, the grades are released to the teachers and coaches. The top 4 students are invited to represent the United States at the Primary Math World Competition (PMWC). Students must be born between September 1st, 2006 and August 31st, 2008 to be eligible to compete at the PMWC. In addition, all participants are invited to apply to the Mathworks residential Junior Summer Math Camp (JSMC).
Timeline for 2019:
- October 29th: the test is to be sent via email to math teachers/coaches. (If you do not see the test in your inbox please check your spam folder.)
- November 5th: Day of Contest!
- November 7th: Tests must be postmarked by this date.
- November 13th: Test must be received by Mathworks by this date.
- December 9th - 13th: Test scores will be released to teachers/coaches.