The mission of the Center for International Studies is to provide students with a quality interdisciplinary education to prepare them for international careers. Students will learn the necessary research and writing skills to pursue graduate studies or careers in law, diplomacy, and international affairs. The undergraduate and graduate international studies programs will challenge students to further explore and understand the rapidly globalizing world of today.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge based on an interdisciplinary perspective, focusing on global issues, processes, trends, systems, and politics.
- Students will demonstrate oral and written communication skills in international studies.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret issues in international relations.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct quality research on international issues.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of their culture as it relates to others in a global and comparative context.