Thank you for interest in joining the Hispanic Policy Network.
HPN is an organization for Faculty and Staff at Texas State University committed to the advancement of Hispanics in higher education.
While membership is primarily for Texas State Hispanic Faculty and Staff, we extend Official Membership to Graduate Students employed by Texas State, and welcome undergraduate to attend our general meetings and participate in HPN sponsored events. HPN has made a firm commitment to not collect dues from individuals who are exclusively students (i.e. undergraduate students and graduate students who are not employed with Texas State).
We invite you to participate in a two-step process for becoming an Official (Paid) Member of HPN.
Complete the Interest Form provided below.
Pay Membership Dues ($30 Annual Dues). Dues are collected at and during HPN General Meetings (first Wednesday of the Month) via cash, credit, and check.
Benefits of Official Membership Status:
- Able to nominate and vote in HPN Officer Elections
- Able to vote in Organizational Decisions
- Attend HPN General Meetings
- Attend key and important University meetings (i.e. open forums/lunches with candidates for high ranking positions on campus; priority registration for HPN signature events)
- Receive HPN Official Member Folder which includes:
- Calendar of upcoming HPN Events
- "Official Member" Button
- "HPN Familia Door" Placard
- Copy of FY 2019 Strategic Plan
- Contact Lists for Officers and Committee Chairs
Benefits of Non-Paid Membership Status:
- You get to hang out with the cool kids...but deep down inside... you know that you, too, are cool....except you don't receive all the perks listed above.