Call for Entries
There is currently no open call for submissions. However, general submissions are still open.
All entries must be submitted digitally according to the following guidelines:
- Entries submitted without a personal statement will not be considered.
- Images must be 150 dpi in resolution and at least 6” along the longest side. Image files will be uploaded via the entry form page and must be named using the convention FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_TITLE.
- Video must be viewable online. Submit URL on entry form page.
- Sound art must be playable online. Submit URL on entry form page. (A high-fidelity recording must be available for exhibition.)
Entries are being accepted in painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, video, sculpture, mixed media, fiber arts, sound art and assemblage.
- All works must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- Selected works must be delivered ready to hang or display.
- All glazing in framed works must be Plexiglas/acrylic.
- No substitutions for works accepted into the show.
- 2-D pieces are limited to a width of 60” and a height of 48” with framing.
- 3-D pieces are limited to a width/depth of 24” and a height of 72”.
- Video and sound pieces are limited to 15 minutes in length.
The Gallery of the Common Experience does not post prices or accept payments for works sold while on display, however we are happy to provide artist contact information to interested buyers. Any works sold must remain in the gallery until the end of the exhibition.
LOAN AGREEMENT SUMMARY
All works will be treated in a professional manner. Artists will be responsible for delivering work on time and in ready-to-hang condition. Artists are responsible for shipping costs and shipping insurance. Gallery will insure works (up to $1500 value) after delivery between stated drop-off and pick-up dates.
DELIVERY & RETURN OF WORK
Accepted works can be delivered at the gallery during the receivership period listed on the schedule. All shipped works must be packaged in a reusable container and received during the receivership period. The gallery staff will be happy to repackage works in the original reusable container. Artists are responsible for picking up works or arranging and paying for return shipping at the conclusion of the exhibition. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details with curator Shannon Faseler.