Student Organization Accounting System
The following information is provided for student organizations approved through UPPS 03.01.10 to use the Student Organization Accounting System. The Student Organization Accounting System is housed in SAP and is the method of accounting for deposits and payments from a Student Organization account approved in UPPS 03.01.10.
Vendor Numbers Quick Guide
- Vendors who are paid for services require an SAP vendor number.
- Texas State students receiving a reimbursement can be paid via direct deposit if the student has signed up through CatsWeb for tuition refund and financial aid direct deposit. Student vendor numbers in the range: 8000000 to 8999999 are no longer valid.
- All other reimbursements use the following vendor number and provide detail mailing information: 700020.
- For payments to Texas State departments, enter "TXSTATE."
Expense GL Codes Guide
Use the most appropriate expense GL code for the payment being processed. More than one may be required.
|729900||Payment of Services / Honorarium / Speakers|
|740600||Rental of Equipment|
|747000||Rental of Space|
|770001||Cash Awards / Prizes|
|773000||Reimbursements, Supplies, Registrations, Travel, Cash Advances|
|767900||Scholarships to Texas State students|
Click here for additional information from the State of Texas Comptroller's Office.
If your student organization wishes to award a Texas State student a scholarship, the payment will require special processing and coordination with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships requires the following information:
- a Departmental Scholarship Transmittal Form on file; and
- the Texas State student's ID number and the award year and semester on the payment request form.
The transmittal form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting the payment request to Accounts Payable.
Note: A transmittal form is not required for each payment, but is required for each scholarship.
The scholarship amount will be recorded to on the Texas State student's financial aid record and will be used in the calculation of financial need.
|Vendor Set Up||Procurement & Strategic Sourcingemail@example.com|
|Student Organization Account Creation/Update||Financial Reporting & Analysisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Payment Status||Accounts Payableemail@example.com|
|Sales Tax||Accounts Payablefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1099 Requirements||Accounts Payableemail@example.com|
|Student Organization Information||Student Involvement @ LBJSC||245-3219|
|Account Balances||Student Organization Advisor|