Student Organization Accounting System
The following information is provided for student organizations approved through UPPS 03.01.10 to use the Student Organization Accounting System. The Student Organization Accounting System is housed in SAP and is the method of accounting for deposits and payments from a Student Organization account approved in UPPS 03.01.10.
- Deposit Form (Use GL 430000 for revenue deposits and GL 773000 for return of unused cash advance funds)
- Student Organization Account Setup & Update Form
- Student Organization Account Payment Request Form (AP-9) (Form Instructions)
- OSFA Departmental Scholarship Transmittal Form (New Scholarship Setup)
Vendor Numbers Quick Guide
- Vendors require an SAP vendor number in order to be paid for their services. If a vendor does not exist in SAP, send an email to email@example.com requesting that the vendor be added. The Procurement & Strategic Sourcing office will then generate an invite to the vendor to provide their information in the required electronic format.
- Reimbursements use the vendor's SAP number or 700001 if no vendor number exists. Vendor number 700001 may only be used for refunds or reimbursements, not goods or services. When using 700001, the complete mailing address must be provided.
- For payments to Texas State departments, enter "TXSTATE."
Expense GL Codes Guide
Use the most appropriate expense GL code for the payment being processed. More than one may be required.
|729900||Payment of Services / Honorarium / Speakers|
|740600||Rental of Equipment|
|747000||Rental of Space|
|770001||Cash Awards / Prizes|
|773000||Reimbursements, Supplies, Registrations, Travel, Cash Advances|
Click here for additional information from the State of Texas Comptroller's Office.
If your student organization wishes to award a Texas State student a scholarship, the payment will require special processing and coordination with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships requires the following information:
- a Departmental Scholarship Transmittal Form on file; and
- the Texas State student's ID number and the award year and semester on the payment request form.
The transmittal form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting the payment request to Accounts Payable.
Note: A transmittal form is not required for each payment, but is required for each scholarship.
The scholarship amount will be recorded to on the Texas State student's financial aid record and will be used in the calculation of financial need.
|Vendor Set Up||Procurement & Strategic Sourcingemail@example.com|
|Student Organization Account Creation/Update||Financial Reporting & Analysisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deposits||Cashier's Office||(512) 245-2544|
|Payment Status||Accounts Payableemail@example.com|
|Sales Tax||Payroll & Tax Compliancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1099 Requirements||Payroll & Tax Complianceemail@example.com|
|Student Organization Information||Student Involvement @ LBJSC||(512) 245-3219|
|Account Balances||Student Organization Advisor|