Student Organization Accounting System
The following information is provided for student organizations approved through UPPS 03.01.10 to use the Student Organization Accounting System, which is housed in SAP and the method of accounting for deposits and payments from a student organization account.
- Deposit Form (GL 430000 for revenue deposits, GL 773000 for return of unused cash advance funds)
- Student Organization Account Setup & Update Form
- Student Organization Account Payment Request Form (AP-9) (Form Instructions)
- OSFA Departmental Scholarship Transmittal Form (New Scholarship Setup)
Vendor Numbers Quick Guide
- Vendors are required to have an SAP vendor number to be paid for their services. If a vendor does not exist in SAP, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that the vendor be added. The Procurement & Strategic Sourcing office will then generate an invite to the vendor to provide their information in the required electronic format.
- Reimbursements use either the vendor's SAP number or 700001, if no vendor number exists. Vendor number 700001 may only be used for refunds or reimbursements, not goods or services. When using 700001, the complete mailing address must be provided.
- For payments to Texas State departments, enter "TXSTATE."
Expense GL Codes Guide
Use the most appropriate expense GL code for the payment being processed. More than one may be required.
|729900||Payment of Services / Honorarium / Speakers|
|740600||Rental of Equipment|
|747000||Rental of Space|
|770001||Cash Awards / Prizes|
|773000||Reimbursements, Supplies, Registrations, Travel, Cash Advances|
Click here for additional information from the State of Texas Comptroller's Office.
If your student organization wishes to award a Texas State student a scholarship, the payment will require special processing and coordination with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships requires the following:
- A Departmental Scholarship Transmittal Form on file and the Texas State student's ID number, along with the award year and semester on the payment request form.
The transmittal form must be submitted to email@example.com prior to submitting the payment request to Accounts Payable.
Note: A transmittal form is not required for each payment, but is required for each scholarship.
The scholarship amount will be recorded to on the Texas State student's financial aid record and used in the calculation of financial need.
|Vendor Set Up||Procurement & Strategic Sourcingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Organization Account Creation/Update||Financial Reporting & Analysisemail@example.com|
|Deposits||Cashier's Office||(512) 245-2544|
|Payment Status||Accounts Payablefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sales Tax||Payroll & Tax Complianceemail@example.com|
|1099 Requirements||Payroll & Tax Compliancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Organization Information||Student Involvement @ LBJSC||(512) 245-3219|
|Account Balances||Student Organization Advisor|