Check Pickup Process
Generally, Accounts Payable must maintain physical possession of disbursement checks and mail them directly. However, in certain situations, the new policy allows for faculty and staff to pick up disbursement checks. Such authorized employees must be identified on the payment request and present identification to the Cashier’s Office at pickup.
Per policy, situations authorized for pickup include:
- Payments to contractors such as guest artists, lecturers, and performers whose contract states payment is due on the day of the performance.
- Payment requiring overnight delivery.
- Payments to conferences, meetings, or other events when payment is due at registration.
- Payments to businesses which require prepayment at the time of service.
- Payments involving a release of liability handled by The Texas State University System Office of General Counsel.
- Payments for purchases of real property when payment is due at closing.
- Payments to a hotel when payment is required at check-in. However, every effort should first be made to pay for lodging using a company billed account, Purchase Order, or personal credit card.
- Deposit payments for group travel airline purchases.
- Refunds to grant sponsors for unused program funds.
- Payments for awards.
- Stipends for grant group participants.
- Refunds which must include sensitive data (e.g. tax ID numbers).
Any requests outside of those authorized by policy will be considered on a case-by-case, exception basis. Checks will not be released to university staff unless a valid reason is provided, which must be approved by the Director of Accounting or their designee.
Departments who need to mail additional or confidential information with the check may bring it to Accounts Payable to include with the payment. Department staff may seal the envelope, but Accounts Payable will maintain control of the disbursement check until it is mailed.
Please review FSS/PPS 03.12 Check Pickup Process for more information.