Welcome to Accounts Payable!
The Accounts Payable office is responsible for providing administrative and fiscal support to the campus community and its vendors. Accounts Payable operates in compliance with campus and TSUS policies, as well as state and federal regulations. Some of the services provided by Accounts Payable include:
- Processing payments to vendors for goods and services rendered
- Processing non-payroll reimbursements to university employees
- Handling accounting system functions pertaining to payables
- Maintaining proper accounting documentation on all voucher transactions
- Coordinating the university's travel management program
For general inquiries, please call (512) 245-2777.
In accordance with Texas Education Code Section 51.9741, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Online State Expenditure Database may be accessed to provide information on payment drawn from money appropriated from the state general revenue fund or received as student tuition or fee payments.
Announcements & Updates
The Accounts Payable office utilizes both an RSS feed and an announcements webpage to keep the campus community informed of changes in a timely manner. We encourage all campus users involved in initiating payments to subscribe to the RSS feed to automatically receive updates to the page. Visit the How to Add an RSS Feed page for signup instructions. Announcements may also be accessed on the AP Office Announcements page.
Meeting Follow-Up Questions:
If an employee needs preferred seating due to health or physical requirements, can the expense be reimbursed?
If an employee/traveler will incur a charge for an expense not covered by university policy/procedure, additional documentation and pre-approval are required. Examples of these types of expenses include:
- Fare other than Coach Class
- Preferential Seating
- Fare for more than one seat per traveler
- Priority or Early Check-In Fees
- Passport fee unless attendance is required.
The employee/traveler must document the rationale for the expense and obtain approval from their Cabinet Officer. Cabinet Officers must obtain approval from the President. The approved document must be attached to the travel request or expense report depending on the method of payment (company paid = requests; personally paid = expense report).