Henrietta Avent Meeting Room
On April 2, 2008, the Faculty Senate meeting room (JCK 880) was dedicated to the memory of long-time Faculty Senator Henrietta Avent.
During her many years of teaching and service at SWT (1958-1993) Dr. Henrietta Avent was dedicated to the empowerment of faculty through faculty governance. She served many terms on the Faculty Senate and was elected Chair of the Senate several times.
Seats up to 20 at eight moveable tables with six extra chairs around room perimeter. There is a counter for refreshment service, but no kitchen facilities are available.
Any Texas State office/organization may reserve the meeting room between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Faculty Senate reserves first priority for weekly/monthly meetings from 2-6 p.m. on Wednesdays.
A media cabinet and projector are installed with PC and hookups for laptops. All technical support issues are the responsibility of the scheduling department.
The office/organization reserving space must take responsibility for:
- set-up and return of the room to the standard set-up before leaving. Make arrangements with Materials Management for moving of furniture (245-2558).
- set-up, delivery, and clean-up of any refreshments for your event. You may schedule Chartwells (245-9900) or other local entities to cater your event. Make arrangements with Facilities Services for custodial matters (245-2181).
- locking room and turning off lights upon completion of event.
- leaving room in the same condition as found, including media cabinet and all equipment.
- any damage or loss to room or equipment. Your account may be charged for any damage or loss.
- vacating the premises by the designated ending time.
You may reserve the meeting room using your Outlook or Office 365 calendaring; the calendar is named JCK880 (no space). In the event your meeting is cancelled or you no longer need your reservation, please remove your calendar appointment so others may take advantage of the space.