During the week of July 13 - 20, 2020, Faculty Senate surveyed faculty regarding your perceptions and concerns related to the University’s Roadmap to Return.
Here are the final results. While specific comments have not been included for reasons of confidentiality, comments were coded into general categories, which are included in this report.
For information regarding campus closures, see the University's COVID-19 Resources page.
The Faculty Senate has adopted a Resolution in Support of Division of Information Technology, Office of Distance Learning, and Faculty Development to commend staff for their timely preparation and extraordinary response in abruptly shifting all classes to remote learning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Faculty Senate recognizes, thanks, and appreciates the dedication, professionalism, and patience bestowed upon faculty and students during this emergent situation.
The Faculty Senate has adopted a Resolution in Support of Affordable Learning Materials that reaffirms the academic freedom of faculty to choose appropriate instructional materials for their students; and supports and encourages Texas State faculty to consider using high quality, low cost or no cost, accessible instructional material alternatives including open educational resources.
2019 - 2020 Goal/Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
The Senate will prioritize and participate in efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion on our campus, with an emphasis on the following initiatives.
- Increase the competence and confidence of faculty to manage issues of diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 1: Promote the success of all students, Objective: Prepare all students to achieve their career goals and make positive and meaningful contributions as they interact in a diverse and increasingly global society through an inclusive program of learning and engagement, rich with diverse perspectives.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 4: Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university’s strategic direction, Objective: Plan and implement programs to help improve faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention in order to support a highly qualified, diverse, motivated, and satisfied workforce.
- Explore and promote discussion of the intersection between diversity/inclusion and democracy.
- Identify a more robust labeling system for courses/syllabi to standardize and highlight elements of diversity and inclusion that are included in Texas State courses.
- Support the development of a more formal and robust career path for non-tenure line faculty.
The Summer Bulletin includes the following topics:
- 2019-2020 Selected Accomplishments
- COVID-19 Resources
- Pandemic Response Work Groups
- Fall Application Deadlines
- Assessment of Administrators
- Piper Professor and Swinney Awardees
- 2020-2021 Committee Appointments