61st Faculty Senate, 2019-2020
Fall Application Due Dates
Faculty Development Leave: by September 15, notify your department chair or school director if you intend to apply. Applications are due October 1. Apply via the Faculty Requests application system, which will open August 23.
Nontenure Line Faculty Workload Release: by September 15, notify your department chair or school director if you intend to apply. Applications are due October 8 via the Faculty Requests application system, which will open August 23.
REP: applications are due October 10. Apply via the Texas State Internal Proposal Online Submission page.
2019 - 2020 Goal/Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
The Senate will prioritize and participate in efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion on our campus, with an emphasis on the following initiatives.
- Increase the competence and confidence of faculty to manage issues of diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 1: Promote the success of all students, Objective: Prepare all students to achieve their career goals and make positive and meaningful contributions as they interact in a diverse and increasingly global society through an inclusive program of learning and engagement, rich with diverse perspectives.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 4: Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university’s strategic direction, Objective: Plan and implement programs to help improve faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention in order to support a highly qualified, diverse, motivated, and satisfied workforce.
- Explore and promote discussion of the intersection between diversity/inclusion and democracy.
- Identify a more robust labeling system for courses/syllabi to standardize and highlight elements of diversity and inclusion that are included in Texas State courses.
- Support the development of a more formal and robust career path for non-tenure line faculty.
The September Bulletin includes the following topics:
- 2019 - 2020 Faculty Senate Goal/Theme
- Fall Application Due Dates
- Assessment of Administrators
- Faculty Senate Fellow
- Fulbright Scholars
- Undergraduate Research
- University Lecturers Series