The next Faculty Senate meeting will be Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 3 - 5 pm.
For information regarding campus closures, see the University's COVID-19 Resources page.
The Faculty Senate has adopted a Resolution in Support of Affordable Learning Materials that reaffirms the academic freedom of faculty to choose appropriate instructional materials for their students; and supports and encourages Texas State faculty to consider using high quality, low cost or no cost, accessible instructional material alternatives including open educational resources.
2019 - 2020 Goal/Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
The Senate will prioritize and participate in efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion on our campus, with an emphasis on the following initiatives.
- Increase the competence and confidence of faculty to manage issues of diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 1: Promote the success of all students, Objective: Prepare all students to achieve their career goals and make positive and meaningful contributions as they interact in a diverse and increasingly global society through an inclusive program of learning and engagement, rich with diverse perspectives.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 4: Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university’s strategic direction, Objective: Plan and implement programs to help improve faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention in order to support a highly qualified, diverse, motivated, and satisfied workforce.
- Explore and promote discussion of the intersection between diversity/inclusion and democracy.
- Identify a more robust labeling system for courses/syllabi to standardize and highlight elements of diversity and inclusion that are included in Texas State courses.
- Support the development of a more formal and robust career path for non-tenure line faculty.
The Summer Bulletin includes the following topics:
- 2019-2020 Selected Accomplishments
- COVID-19 Resources
- Pandemic Response Work Groups
- Fall Application Deadlines
- Assessment of Administrators
- Piper Professor and Swinney Awardees
- 2020-2021 Committee Appointments