61st Faculty Senate, 2019-2020
2019 - 2020 Goal/Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
The Senate will prioritize and participate in efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion on our campus, with an emphasis on the following initiatives.
- Increase the competence and confidence of faculty to manage issues of diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 1: Promote the success of all students, Objective: Prepare all students to achieve their career goals and make positive and meaningful contributions as they interact in a diverse and increasingly global society through an inclusive program of learning and engagement, rich with diverse perspectives.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 4: Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university’s strategic direction, Objective: Plan and implement programs to help improve faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention in order to support a highly qualified, diverse, motivated, and satisfied workforce.
- Explore and promote discussion of the intersection between diversity/inclusion and democracy.
- Identify a more robust labeling system for courses/syllabi to standardize and highlight elements of diversity and inclusion that are included in Texas State courses.
- Support the development of a more formal and robust career path for non-tenure line faculty.
The November Bulletin includes the following topics:
- Everette Swinney Faculty Senate Excellence in Teaching Award
- Faculty Senate Meeting on Round Rock Campus
- University Lecturers Series
- Academic Freedom Dialogue