For information regarding campus closures, see the University's COVID-19 Resources page.
The 2020 election cycle has begun. Balloting for the nomination round in the McCoy College of Business Administration and the colleges of Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Liberal Arts and Science and Engineering has closed and runoff elections will be open as soon as ballots are set after March 30. More information is available on the Election Information page.
61st Faculty Senate, 2019-2020
2019 - 2020 Goal/Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
The Senate will prioritize and participate in efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion on our campus, with an emphasis on the following initiatives.
- Increase the competence and confidence of faculty to manage issues of diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 1: Promote the success of all students, Objective: Prepare all students to achieve their career goals and make positive and meaningful contributions as they interact in a diverse and increasingly global society through an inclusive program of learning and engagement, rich with diverse perspectives.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty.
- Supports Texas State University 2017 - 2023 University Plan, Goal 4: Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university’s strategic direction, Objective: Plan and implement programs to help improve faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention in order to support a highly qualified, diverse, motivated, and satisfied workforce.
- Explore and promote discussion of the intersection between diversity/inclusion and democracy.
- Identify a more robust labeling system for courses/syllabi to standardize and highlight elements of diversity and inclusion that are included in Texas State courses.
- Support the development of a more formal and robust career path for non-tenure line faculty.
The March Bulletin includes the following topics:
- Committee Preference Survey
- Faculty Senate Election
- Part-Time Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award
- Green Cat Challenge Awards
- Perceptions of Academic Administrators
- Faculty Senate Fellow