Skip to Content

Academic Credit at Texas State

In addition to acquiring continuing education and certification credit, participants in San Marcos and Round Rock can take the courses for undergraduate or graduate academic credit. Additional registration procedures are required to take CPM courses for academic credit.

Participants wishing to register for academic credit should go to the CPM website and open the link “Application for Academic Credit at the San Marcos and Round Rock CPM Locations” and follow the instructions provided by the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. Questions about academic credit should be directed to CPM Director, Dr. Miha Vindis at or 512.767.2715

Eighteen hours of undergraduate academic credit can be earned on a Texas State transcript for the CPM Program. In some cases 21 hours can be earned if a student files a written request for the additional course. In accordance with the Texas State Graduate School Catalog, a maximum of 12 hours of graduate extension credit may be counted toward a graduate academic degree program at Texas State. Some academic programs may accept less than 12 hours of credit toward their programs. Check with academic degree advisor for specific program guidelines, requirements and the acceptance of CPM courses for academic credit.

Students who want to apply academic credit toward other universities must meet the academic transfer rules and regulations of the university in which they are enrolled.