What travel restrictions are in place, and are there any exceptions?
Updated April 9, 2020: The travel process and restrictions are as follows.
- All international travel is canceled until further notice.
- All domestic travel is canceled until further notice.
- Travel between the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses or the TSUS Office in Austin is still permitted and does not require pre-approval.
- There is an exception process for essential travel approval. The traveler’s Cabinet Officer must approve the travel. The rationale and qualification as essential travel must be detailed and submitted to the Cabinet Officer before the Travel Request is initiated. If approved, that Cabinet Officer approval must be attached to the Travel Request before it is submitted in the TRAVELTracks system.
- Until further notice, travelers should only schedule 100% refundable future travel purchases. If you make travel purchases and do not have an approved Travel Request, the purchase will have to be paid personally. If the travel is not a fully refundable purchase and it is later not approved, the purchase would not be reimbursable.
How does this impact Education Abroad programs?
ALL FALL 2020 EDUCATION ABROAD PROGRAMS ARE CANCELLED
Effective 6/24/20, all Education Abroad programming for the 2020 fall semester is cancelled.