EMT Training Program
The EMT Training Program is not currently being offered, but Texas State Continuing Education anticipates offering this program again in the future.
Please join our contact list to receive information about upcoming classes.
Course Approval Number
Approval number TBD
Texas State University Continuing Education looks forward to again offering this valuable training program to the students of Texas State University and all other members of the community who are seeking to join the healthcare profession!
Upon successful completion of the course, graduating students will be eligible to sit for the National Registry of EMTs EMT certification examination.
Participants must not have any charges or convictions of a violent or sexual nature in their criminal history. Upon admission into the program, students will be directed to a criminal history, identity verification, and credit check provider for screening.
Participants will be required to provide documentation of the following to the program before being allowed to schedule or attend internships:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination or positive titer(MMR)
- Second dose of Measles vaccine or positive titer
- Hepatitis B vaccination (first dose) or positive titer
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis vaccination (DPT or TdAP) or positive titer
- Varicella vaccine, positive titer, or evidence of having had chicken pox
- Annual Influenza vaccination for 2019-2020 flu season
- TB skin test (available at clinical site) or negative chest x-ray within two years (student’s expense)
- 12-panel drug screen within 2 months of the beginning of internships (students will be referred to a provider for drug testing)
Registrations are currently suspended for this program.
Refund policy TBD
If you need assistance or further information, please contact the Office of Distance and Extended Learning at 512.245.2507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Contact List
Please join our contact list to receive information about upcoming classes. If you're interested, please complete the short form available through the button below.