Dental Assistant Training Program
In association with:
San Marcos Gentle Dental
1337 Thorpe Lane, San Marcos, TX 78666
Saturdays only - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Total cost for single payment option: $2,695.00.
Total cost for two-payment option: $2,725.00
Each class is limited to the first 15 students that register.
Next term: September 19 - November 21, 2020
Participants will be trained in a practicing dental office - not a classroom - and acquire the skills needed to perform dental assistant duties in 10 weeks, using the latest equipment and techniques.
Dress Code: Scrubs and clean tennis shoes are required.
The tuition fee includes all of the following:
- Text: Essentials of Clinical Dental Assisting and work book with CD
- All training and visual aids, materials and dental supplies used in the clinical training
- Use of all equipment and instrumentation during the course of study
- Use of x-ray equipment, x-ray film and related materials
- Clinical experience working with real patients
- Certificate of completion
- Classes are conveniently offered on Saturdays enabling you to maintain your current job while training for a new career.
- Course is taught in a practicing dental office.
- Subjects are covered in depth from a practical clinical experience.
- Training is hands-on with all equipment, materials, and instruments.
- While enrolled in the dental assisting course, students have the opportunity to observe Dr. Donnelly and staff during clinical treatment of patients.
- After successfully completing the dental assistant course, students can take the online state registration exam to become a registered dental assistant. More information about becoming a Registered Dental Assistant in the State of Texas is provided during the first day of class.
Two-Payment Registration Option – Policies and Information
Students will have the option to register for the Dental Assistant Training Program and pay the total cost in two payments. The first payment will be due at the time of registration and the balance will be due prior to the start of the fifth scheduled class meeting. A $30.00 fee will be assessed to those that choose the two-payment option.
Note, failing to make the second payment by the due date will be considered a withdrawal.
Total Due at Registration (before 1st class day): $1,647.00
Total Balance Due (2nd payment) prior to the fifth scheduled class meeting: $1,078.00
Students must submit, in writing to Continuing Education, a request to withdraw from the program prior to the first scheduled class meeting in order to be eligible for a refund. There are no refunds after the first class begins.
Apply and Register
Please begin by completing and submitting the online Dental Assistant Training Program application via the button below. You will receive an email within 5 business days with instructions on how to register and pay for your course.
Required Program Policy Form (1st Class Day)
Once officially registered, please print, complete and submit the form below to one of your instructors during the first scheduled class meeting.
A certificate showing successful completion of the Dental Assistant Training Program will be available from Texas State University Continuing Education upon program completion. The certificate will be available through the course registration system.
Important Tax Information
The Office of Distance and Extended Learning does not supply a 1098T form for the Dental Assistant Training Program. A receipt and record of your payment are available through the course registration system.
If you have any questions regarding charges you have paid for your Continuing Education course(s), please seek advice from a tax professional.