6/23/2020 Effective with the spring 2020 semester, the previous Participant Policy allowing students to participate in a commencement ceremony prior to their official graduation semester has been temporarily suspended.
The Participant Policy will be reviewed again in the future, when the situation with COVID-19 improves and commencement ceremonies can be held in a more traditional manner free of COVID-19 restrictions.
The Difference Between Participating in Commencement and Graduating
- have applied for graduation online by the posted semester deadline
- have had their application approved by their respective Advising Center or The Graduate College
- have completed all degree requirements
- have had final semester grades posted to their Texas State transcript
- have paid any outstanding fees owed to the University
- the Dean of the respective College, or Graduate College Dean, has certified candidates as graduates