4/8/22 Candidates that choose to participate (walk) in a commencement ceremony must attend their corresponding college/department ceremony during the semester they will complete their degree requirements. For questions, please contact the academic dean's office (undergraduate candidates) or The Graduate College dean's office (graduate candidates).
The Difference Between Participating in Commencement and Graduating
- have applied for graduation online by the posted semester deadline
- have had their application approved by their respective Advising Center or The Graduate College
- have completed all degree requirements
- have had final semester grades posted to their Texas State transcript
- have paid any outstanding fees owed to the University
- the Dean of the respective College, or Graduate College Dean, has certified candidates as graduates