SAHE Program and GA Interview Process
SAHE Admission Interviews
After initial review of applications, SAHE faculty will invite approximately 30-35 applicants to interview for admission into the program. Interviews for Fall 2023 admission will take place virtually via Zoom in January 2023. Applicants will also be asked to complete a short writing exercise as part of the admissions process.
SAHE Program Preview and GA Interviews
Once admission decisions are made, applicants will be provided instructions on how to apply for open Graduate Assistantship positions and will be invited to participate in SAHE Program Preview and GA Interviews.
We are planning an in-person option and a virtual option for SAHE Preview and Graduate Assistantship Interviews this year.
The in-person option includes program events and GA interviews that will take place on campus at Texas State University Thursday, February 24 and Friday, February 25, 2023. The virtual option includes program events and GA interviewers that will take place online, February 28 – March 4, 2023.
During SAHE Program Preview and GA Interviews there will be opportunities to:
- Interview for open GA positions
- Meet with SAHE program faculty
- Meet with current SAHE students
- Connect with other admitted students to the cohort
- Network with student affairs professionals at Texas State and partner institutions
- Participate in roundtable discussions
- Attend informational sessions and discussions on topics such as program components, financing graduate school, student research experiences, living in Central Texas, life as a graduate student, and internships and professional development.
- Tour the Texas State campus
Note: We will be monitoring and following university and Hays County guidelines regarding health and safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic and may make adaptations to these plans accordingly.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.