NCC Sign Up Information
The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) has new requirements for programs that verify students who are eligible to become a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and take the National Counselor Exam (NCE) prior to graduation. Our program requirements for students to be eligible include:
- Students are degree-seeking counseling students.
- Students have completed six of the eight core CACREP subject areas.
- Remaining two of the eight core subjects must be enrolled in during the semester of the exam.
- Students have passed the CPCE exam or plan to pass the CPCE three or more months prior to the NCE.
- Students are enrolled (or will be enrolled) in Practicum or Internship the semester taking the exam.
If you have met all of these requirements, please complete the prequalification questions below and the sign up information. If you have not met all of these requirements, you will need to wait and sign up to take the NCE at a later date. The NCE is offered twice per year: every April and October
Indicate if you have completed/ are currently enrolled/ will be enrolled in the CACREP content areas listed below:
Required Student Information
Complete the information below if you meet program requirements to take the NCE.