Professional Counseling Program Application Process
Application deadlines are as follows:
February 15 for Fall semester admission
February 15 for Summer semester admission
October 1 for the following Spring semester admission
The complete directions for admissions are available to applicants from the Graduate College. We highly recommend applicants familiarize themselves with this information prior to beginning the application process.
Submit the following directly to the Graduate College:
- Completed application form and application fee
- Official transcripts of all college and university course work
- Admission requires a minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree (which may be in any field, from an accredited university)
- Official report of scores obtained on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Program requests a total score of 291, with no less than 150 on the verbal section and 141 on the quantitative section
Submit the following through the Graduate Admissions Document Upload (GADU) portal:
- Informed Consent
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Forms: You will submit names and contact information for three individuals through the GADU portal. Recommenders will be emailed the required form directly, with submission instructions.
We recommend you have all materials at the Graduate College at least 3 weeks prior to the Program application deadline.
If after reviewing these materials you still have questions regarding a specific area of emphasis, you may email one of the faculty:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Dr. Eric Schmidt, or Dr. Maria Haiyasoso
- Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling: Dr. Elizabeth Hartwig or Dr. Paulina Flasch
- School Counseling: Dr. Jennifer Greene or Dr. Sarah Blalock